It’s been said that the downtown is every community’s front porch. Batavia MainStreet works to make sure that our downtown is a warm, welcoming and exciting place to be.
But we need your help.
As a volunteer-driven organization, MainStreet relies on the generosity of the community to help plan festivals and events, beautify downtown, recruit new businesses and more.
And each year, people and businesses in the community provide much-needed financial support to Batavia MainStreet so that this valuable work can continue. Will you be one of those supports this year and help us as we work to make Downtown Batavia a great place to shop, dine, work, and live?
- Add additional winter programing.
- Work with other community organizations to promote and program the Fox River
- Increase wayfinding in downtown to include parking and directional signage
- Become a finically self-sustaining organization.
Our Four Point Approach
Mainstreet revolves around grassroots volunteerism through our committees.
- Design…Enhance and beautify the physical appearance of the downtown.
- Organization…Focused on volunteer recruitment, training and fundraising efforts.
- Promotion…Create promotions and special events to bring people downtown.
- Economic Restructuring…Revitalize by strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new ones.
Our Resume of Success
- Artisan Collective
- Art In Your Eye
- Cocktails in the Park
- Egg Hop
- Green Fair on The Fox
- Farmer’s Market
- Holiday Market
- House Walk
- Downtown Block Party
- Downtown Banner Program
- Business Recruitment
Beautify – Volunteer
Promote – Revitalize
Our Vision is to help create a unique and vital downtown that enriches the business community, embraces history, celebrates the arts, preserves our natural environment and promotes quality events to install a ‘sense of place’ in our community.