Looking to start or locate a business in Downtown Batavia?
Batavia – An Inviting Community
City Grants and Incentives
- Downtown Improvement Grant – This is a matching grant opportunity for up to 50% of improvements up to $25K, and is used for interior and exterior improvements for new and expanding businesses.
- Downtown Facade Grant – This is a matching grant opportunity for up to 50% of improvements up to $5K to encourage facade improvements to the storefront.
- Micro Loan – This is a low interest loan from the City of Batavia from $10K-$25K and is based on job retention/creation. The fund can also be used in a variety of ways including construction, equipment and working capital expenses (inventory, employee salaries and general operation).
- Revolving Loan – This incentive is a loan from the City of Batavia for 25% of a project cost not to exceed $200K per project to help businesses locate to, or expand in Batavia. Funds have been set aside for projects that support new or expanding businesses with the objective of job creation, additional private investment and new tax generation.
Additional Downtown Information
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Districts – Downtown Batavia has two active TIF Districts within the downtown designed to promote redevelopment. In 2011 City Council adopted a formal TIF Policy to guide redevelopment projects within the TIF Districts.
- Map of Current TIF Districts – TIF 1 and 3 are active.
Batavia MainStreet Grants
Business Promotion Grant
- This fund is for downtown Batavia businesses who are creating events or promotions for their businesses to encourage cooperative promotions. Three or more businesses must be collaborating together to be eligible.
Business Growth Assistance Program
- This fund provides grants and consulting services to downtown businesses to help them grow and maintain locations in the downtown. Also, to promote existing business in the downtown.
For more Information, please contact the MainStreet office at (630) 761-3528 or email us email@example.com